St. Christopher Junior High Youth Ministry
Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, faith and purity. - 1 Timothy 4:12
Junior High Youth Ministry Events
Lock Out—(Saturday Night in October)
· This very popular event is a non-stop, all-nighter beginning with a Haunted Woods for all who are willing to brave the dark unknown. We continue with a couple of hours of skating and games. Finally we head to the bowling alley for an early morning knock down of the pins.
· Pre-registration is required
· Parents are welcome and needed to help drive for the event throughout the night. Anyone interested should call or email Elise (and yes, it is fun for the adults too!!!!)
Annual Ski Trip—Monday of Martin Luther King Weekend (all morning & afternoon)
· Jr. High and High School Youth and their families are all invited to be a part of our annual ski trip to Perfect North Slopes in
· Serve at Mass as an altar attendant, usher or singer
· Youth with an interest in making music are encourage to share their gifts leading the 6:00pm Mass in prayerful music. Singers welcome. Rehearsals are at 4:30pm on Sundays, followed by Mass at 6:00pm.
Sunday Night Youth Ministry Religious Education (RE)
· Sunday Night Religion Sessions for 7th and 8th grades (September - March) allow youth to learn about the Catholic Faith in fun, active and meaningful ways.
Looking Ahead To Summer!!!!
SUMMER OF SERVICE (SOS)
· The summer’s incoming 7th and 8th graders won’t want to miss out on one of the best, most popular programs our parish has to offer.
· SOS is a once a week, six week program in which youth volunteer in the morning at local service agencies, parks, homes and churches.
· Afternoons are spent in community at one of six social outings including swimming, bowling, putt putt, picnic, Young’s Dairy and
· Pre-registration is required.